Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pig Storytime


Oh, we had some very busy little piggies at pig story time today. Kidding!  Actually, many babies (I'm not naming names, Alexandria!) sat still for the whole 20 minutes!  It was amazing!  We got a chance to read some fun books and sing all our favorite songs.

Busy Piggies by John Schindel.  This board book series has jusssst enough rhyming text, and jusssst the right pictures. 

Olivia's Opposites, a board book by Ian Falconer. Opposites are always fun with babies, esp. Olivia's.  The concepts of in and out and up and down amuse me and them endlessly.

Piggy Pie Po by Audrey and Don Wood. I read the first story, and then we took a break and I read the second story. The first was just right for the babies, but I should have prepared a little more for the second story. I wish I'd brought a pen or some crayons for the art, my drum for the beating on the drum, and stopped the reading to count backwards from ten for that page.

Five Little Piggies, a board book by Teresa Imperato. This cute board book varies the 5 Little Piggies rhyme with some cute variations that make it an excellent addition to a pig storytime for babies.


After we woke up the sleeping bunnies by singing them a merry tune...



No comments:

Post a Comment