Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Baby Storytime about Trains on Wednesday, September 6 @ 10:30

We're going to be blowing on that long lonesome train whistle at storytime today, so plan on jumping aboard!

Props:  Train whistle, Freight Train from Kizclub on clothesline.  We counted the cars but the babies were too young to do the colors.

Stories:

TRAINS GO by Steve Light was a great, noisy storytime opener.  The moms could see the sounds the different trains made and joined it to help read this one aloud.

Freight Train by Donald Crews. I printed out all the train cars courtesy of the wonderful folks at KIZCLUB -- imagine making all the pictures of some of the greatest kids' classic available for download, what a great idea. I wish I could say that I then took the trouble of stretching up my clothesline and told the story that way, but I'm afraid that'll have to wait till Friday. I learned the hard way that the train is quite a long one and will NOT fit on top of my easel!

Down by the Station by Vetter.  A great version; down by airport, down by the bus station, etc.

The Little Engine that Could, board book by Watty Piper. (ISBN 0448401010) I asked the moms to help me read the book, and when we got to the "I think I can" chorus, they joined in so beautifully. There's a simple one, TWO, three, four, one, TWO, three, four step that goes along with the "I think I can" and "I thought I could" very nicely.



Songs:
Wheels on the Bus, of course!
Motor Boat, of course!
J Lib sing The Little Red Train Going Down the Track

No comments:

Post a Comment