Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Rhyme Time, Wednesday, August 30 @ 10:30


Babies don't always get our jokes and they don't always get the point of the story but they love the sound of a good rhyme. We'll be doing rhyme time at storyhour today!

Storytime 1
Books

Miss Mary Mack big book by Mary Ann Hoberman.  Kinda perfect clapping song.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle. I used the I used Kiz Club Brown Bear figures and sang/chanted this the way Bill Martin does.Try out this readaloud style:

JUMP! by Scott Fischer. 

Still a Gorilla by Kim Norman 

Songs
Barnyard Dance by the immortal Sandra Boynton. Print out and do as chant. 


Babies hard at work!

Storytime 2

Books
Do Cows Meow? board book Salina Yoon.  V. good.  I put a lot of emphasis on All-I-Know-Is-____-Go-______ to turn it into a refrain.
I Howl, I Growl board book Marcia Vaughan.  So this was a bit redundant.  I think I should have plugged a Sandra Boynton in here. 
Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball by Vicki Churchill. Not only is this written in cute rhymes, but it has tons of motions in it -- "Sometimes I like to just walk round and round, I pigeon step, pigeon step, till I fall down." (Pigeon toes, in which the toes point inwards, is common and occurs at any time from infancy to about age eight. -- Free Dictionary)

Songs
With the exception of the inevitable Motor Boat, we really did all rhyming songs. It was nice, I used some I don't ordinarily.

Pat-a Cake
Itsy Bitsy Spider -- the long version with the baby bug
Tommy Thumbs Up and Tommy Thumbs down
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Pizza Pickle Pumpernickel
Teddy Bear (of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment