Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Friday, November 3, 2017

Food Story time, Wednesday, November 8 @ 10:30







Plays
 Bullfrog Puppet from backroom, or Turtle with Vachel Lindsay poem.

Books
  • Yummy YUCKY by Leslie Patricelli. This may be the most ingenious of Patricelli's wonderful series about this bald headed baby troublemaker. Certainly the kids enjoyed it -- although a few moms were grossed out by the burger-booger page as well as the egg-earwax page. I don't know why. It's like they don't associate with the babes 24/7.
  • The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear BB Wood.  Great opener.
  • Noisy Breakfast by Ellen Blonder.  Big Book.  Lotsa sounds.
  • Baby Cakes by Karma Wilson.  Sweeet.
  • Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar, a Piggy Toes boardbook by Wang.  Love this book. It's got all the charming rhyme of the jump rope song and all the right characters implicated -- cat, dog, etc., -- so that I can act it out with puppets.
  • How to Feed Your Cheeky Monkey   board book Clarke. OK 

Songs
  • 1 potato, 2 potato chant
  • Pizza, pickle, pumpernickel
  • Pat a cake
  • Mashed Potatoes hot, Mashed Potatoes cold (sound familiar?)
  • Bread & Butter, Jelly & Jam
  • Three Little Gingie Men lying on a tray
  • 1 jumped up and ran away
    Shouting, "Catch me, catch me, catch me if you can...
    You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!"
    (I had three big cut out gingerbread men and raced them around the room)
    Since when are you guys supposed to grow up? Aidan's going to daycare now all day for three days a week.  Sniff.
    At least Elsie still comes in and sees me.

    And I love seeing Wisdom and Kiley on Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment