Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday, July 15 @ 10:30: Sun, Moon Star Storytime for Babies

  

Books

Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle. They were a little antsy for this.  Luckily, I had my moon hanging up and I could hold the ladder right against it, which was kind of fun. And the babies liked the idea of playing with the moon, throwing it up in the air, hugging it, etc.

Countdown with Milo, a goofy board book by Mike Austin.  Had all the actions of putting on your helmet, strapping down, pushing those buttons and then that thrilling countdown for BLASTOFF!

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown. It's such a delicate, perfect classic. But the babies had heard it many, many times, and I wouldn't use it again without jazzing it up with a prop. Try Harper Collins book activities. Maybe download two copies of the book to make a magnet board. 

One storyhour mom thought it was an analogy for death. I'm sure a case could be made for that, but I think more likely it's an analogy for going to bed after having had a full and wonderful day. I myself thought Margaret Wise Brown was the quiet mousy type until I read this: The Restless Life of Margaret Wise Brown

Touch the Brightest Star by Christie Matheson. New. This is like a Tap! The Magic Tree sort of book.  I might skip a few pages, but it is a lovely book. Doesn't truly hold the babies.
Plays
Disco star projector.  I talked about how bright it was outside during the day because the sun is out, but when the sun sets, (I turned off the lights), it gets dark, and then we see the moon.  (I had hung up a moon.)  It's so dark outside, I said, we can see the stars.  (I switched on my disco star projector and IT PAID FOR ITSELF!) We sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little star while it was on.  Awestruck babies.
Songs
Zoom Zoom Zoom, we're going to the moon
Zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon
We'll climb aboard our rocket ship and go upon a long long trip
Zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon
5-4-3-2-1 BLASTOFF

Twinkle twinkle little star.

Motor Boat


No comments:

Post a Comment