Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ABC Storyhour - 123 Storyhour. Alphabet Storyhour - Number Storyhour


Book & Play: Tell Time with The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle. GREAT readaloud. Farm animal noises + telling time + a spider web tell and draw that even I can tell and draw. While the spider spun so busily in the story, I drew the web on my chalkboard using a piece of chalk concealed on the belly of my very large spider so it looked (I hope) as if the spider really was spinning a web. I even had a hapless fly fingerpuppet land in the middle of the web and be eaten.
Fingerplay: WHICH I FORGOT TO DO. Eentsy Weentsy Spider.
Play: Six Bears in the Bed and the little one said, Roll Over, Roll Over. As much fun as it was in December.
Book: ABC3D pop-up by Marion Bataille. We sang the ABC song first and the blank look on these babies' faces -- Savannah looked wary -- should have tipped me off that toddler literacy is a little premature.
Fingerplay:  Six Little Ducks That I Once Knew. This was fun because I could get up and wander around the room wibbling and wobbling. I had five little fingerpuppet ducks on one hand and another with a very long yellow feather taped to its back on the other.  I don't know why I find that yellow feather so comical.
Songs:  Motor Boat, Wheels on the Bus, Mama's Little Baby, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment