Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Storyhour - Bedtime Storyhour

Book/Song: Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.  The babies were a tiny bit young for this, but when my two-year-old fell while jumping on HIS bed last Tuesday, I just had to sing a verse or so to calm him down. A cornerstone in any child's repertoire.
Book: Maisy's Bedtime by Lucy Cousins. I've heard people complain that Maisy books are a bit dull, but I think she is very zen. 
Book: Good Night, Pillow Fight by Sally Cook. I love this book -- there's a lot yelling involved, counting, and silliness in general, plus it's really really short which makes it perfect for babies.  Next year, remember to bring a squishy little pillow.
Book: Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones by Claire Freedman. Animals in the jungle (and savannah) go to sleep. Very sweet plus, of course, you can make the animal noises. 
Song: Five Bears in a Bed -- we only did four. They like this even more than they did last month.  This is a real keeper. I esp. love the addition of that "whoopsie!" as I push the bear off the cushion, over the edge of the table and on to the floor. 
Songs:  All our favorites. 
Alexandria looks so sincere sucking on that extremely large toy.

 "Why am I wearing a tutu? Am I signed up for ballet lessons? En pointe is going to give me difficulties. I just learned to crawl through the tunnel today."

Fisher and friend.

Welcome to Wisdom's world.



No comments:

Post a Comment