Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fun time Storyhour

Author recommendation: Bob Shea's Dinosaur books. He's someone any young dinosaur can identify with!


Book: Dinosaur vs. The Library by Bob Shea. Next time, I'll do a better job of reading this fun book, so ideal for babies. Dinosaur corrupts an innocent cow, chick, turtle and owl into loud roaring instead of making their proper sounds -- until he comes up against storyhour. Next year, use puppets to get the concept across.
Book: My Crayons Talk by Patricia Hubbard. I won't say that a universal shudder went through the audience of moms when I mentioned the word "crayons" in front of their babies, but a quick consensus -- "No, mine hasn't had crayons yet," went through the audience.  The toddlers were fascinated though, as I drew colored shapes on a white paper. Next year, print out the text & stick it on your board  instead of flipping back and forth to the book.
Book:  Where is Baby's Christmas Present by Karen Katz -- maybe a good book to read to someone sitting in your lap, but not for storyhour! We had to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, AND the alphabet song to get back on track!
Songs:  All our favorites plus 5 Little Gingie Men lying on a tray/one jumped up and ran away/shouting catch me catch me, catch me if you can/you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!
Quite a cute collection of babies visited today!

No comments:

Post a Comment