Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Day Storyhour

 Play:  Five Bears in the Bed.Of course, Lydia kidnapped my biggest bear before we could even get start, but I retrieved him so that we could sing this fun song. The moms added a wonderful chorus of "Oh, WHOOPsie," as I tipped the bears on to the floor -- where Lydia and Kiley were waiting to scoop them up. Fun.

Clothespin story: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? DLTK has all the templates for this tale. I just printed them off on the color copier (and then gave them to poor Andrew to cut out and laminate! Thanks Andrew!)

Story:  Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo by Kevin Lewis is a wonderful rhyming readaloud. I got out my train whistle for this book. Nothing establishes your authority over an audience like a train whistle. 

Story: Let's Play by Leo Lionni.  I love Lionni's cheerful mice. I had some of the props for this story ("Let's play ball! Let's read a book! Let's gather leaves!") and acted out the others ("Let's go swimming! Let's climb trees!") Very fun.

Songs:  All our favorites.



We're going to miss that cutie pie, Raga! She is flying home to India. Oh, well, at least she has two grandmothers there who know how to give baby massages!

2 comments:

  1. We too miss you all Ms. Travis. Also the new Montessori method of learning. However we are following you through the blog to keep us updated.

    thanks
    Mekala
    (Raaga 's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raga is lucky to be back with all her loving grandmothers, but we are missing you! And also wondering what new things she is seeing every day.

    ReplyDelete