Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bathtime Storyhour


Song & Turtle Puppet: "I Had a Little Turtle, his Name was Tiny Tim"
Story:  Clifford's Bathtime  board book Bridwell.  I put our giant Clifford the Big Red Dog center stage and could act out the book, scrubbing him, giving him his rubber duckie, toweling him off. 
Song:  Large & Small (I showed them the tiny dog so we could compare large and small) 
Story:  Tubby  board book Patricelli.  A lot of washing and scrubbing toes and tums, which is always fun. So fond of Patricelli for this age group.
Song: Motor Boat, Motor Boat.  I never need an excuse to do Motor Boat, but the baby does play Motor Boat in the tub.
Story: Bubble Bath Pirates! by Jarrett Krosoczka.  This book with its simple illustrations and its Mommy Pirate and two little pirates did a fairly good job of holding on to the babies' attention.  Of course, I did have my pirate hat on and my pirate sword and my spyglass handy.
Song:  This Is the Way I Wash My Face (hands, tum, toes) to the tune of Mulberry Bush.
Story:  Splish! Splash! easy reader by Sarah Weeks. This worked in earlier years, but maybe because it was at the end of storyhour, the kids -- and the moms, more importantly -- just didn't listen.
Song:  Those lucky attendees at this storyhour got to hear my debut performace of Tubbie-O! which I share now with the world:
To the tune of Day! Day-O! (The Banana Song)
Tub! Tubbie-O!
Tubbytime comes and me not wanna go.
I got grime and slime and lots of goo.
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
The yoghurt on my face is stuck like glue!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
I'm stinky and gross and kind of pee-you!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
I rub dirty face and also shampoo!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
Splashin' in the water is always yahoo!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
Tubbie all done, now I feel brand new!
Done with the bubbles and the rubber duck too.
The moms held their applause but I still think this has the potential to become a classic.

Elsie in motion -- Actually, come to storyhour and you'll see A LOT of Elsie in motion

Happy mom, thoughtful child

What a cheap thrill: a rainbow colored plastic slinky. I always keep one on hand.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment