Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Rain Storytime, Wednesday, May 17 @ 10:30



Enter with umbrella! Bring rainstick!


Books
  • Rain by Manya Stojic.  This has everything: animals, sounds, and senses: "hear, see, smell," etc. Bring your lion puppet! Very well received.
  • Duckie's Rainbow by Frances Barry.  This book might amaze me more than the kids, as the beautiful rainbow unfolds in the end. To get a little more interaction, ask them what color is going to be on the next page and then shout it out when you turn the page. The almost twos will get it.
  • Ducks Like to Swim by Agnes Verboven.  Again, a book that gives you plenty of opportunity to quack like a duck, moo like a cow, and bray like a donkey. Plus, it gives you a lead in to all those great duck songs and books we love so much. I pulled each puppet out and had the kids (and moms) by turns moo and meow etc. and then handed them off to them.
Songs

  • The Rain  (to Frere Jacques)

I hear thunder, (stomp floor) I hear thunder,
Hear it CRASH. Hear it CRASH.
But I don’t fear the thunder
I know it’s only thunder.  CRASH CRASH CRASH.
CRASH CRASH CRASH

(Flutter with fingers)
I hear raindrops, I hear raindrops,
Pitter pat, Pitter pat. Will it rain for hours?
I know it’s good for flowers.
But I want to play, Not stay in all day

Ah, I think it just stopped!

  • This Is the Way We Dry Ourselves 

This is the way we dry our hair, dry our hair, dry our hair.
This is the way we dry our hair because WE GOT ALL WET!
face, nose, neck, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment