- Bunny Rabbit Show! by Sandra Boynton. Boynton at her best, but I can't quite get the hang out of reading it with puppets. I used the same five rabbits and changed the words from ten to five.
- Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes. The babies liked this one -- lots of motion and critters and a very simple story.
- The bunnies are not in their beds by Marisabina Russo. This sleeper is a fun readaloud because I can make all my noisy misbehaving bunny noises, The babies were fascinated by my ability to make clicking and plopping noises with my mouth, but don't forget to bring a grab bag of very noisy toys for the noisy finale.
- Duckie's Ducklings, by Frances Barry. This bright die-cut is very cute, although my reading was upstaged by Lydia, who chose this moment to plant a big wet one on a very surprised little boy. 2015: Even with no Lydia, this one still kind of lost them.
- Happy Easter, Mouse by Laura Numeroff. I like to hide eggs around the room.
- See the Bunny sleeping, till it's nearly noon/shall we wake him with a merry tune. He's so still, is he ill? (wild hopping) Hop, little bunny, hop hop hop, hop hop hop, hop hop hop, hop little bunny, hop hop hop.
- below, performed to Battle Hymn of the Republic:
Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose, Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose.
Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose, and he flicked it till it flew away...
(then ear, paw, tail, etc.) (Thanks Miss Mary Liberry!)