Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Manners Storytime, Wednesday, April 24 @ 10:30



Good Storyhour Manners
Please
take part.
Please bounce and sing and listen and zoom and 
moo and twinkle with us.

Note:  This was posted last year.  This year's babies are just the best always!

Hey, babies! A storytime about manners?  What an idea! Do babies to worry about manners?

Yup, they do, or else in just a few months, they'll be at that age when THEY DON'T WANT TO HOLD HANDS IN THE PARKING LOT!!! 

Books
  • Excuse Me by Karen Katz. I pulled all the props for this so it was a lot of fun. I used my prop gift box as the present from Grandma, so when the story was over
    • I opened the beautiful box, emphasizing the green, the blue bow, the white cylinder inside, and then the balloons, which I blew up by turns and let go.  This is always an enormous crowd pleaser: blowing up a balloon and letting it go.  Go figure. 
  • The Duckling Gets a Cookie by Mo Willems.  I like to look up to the ceiling when I am being squeaky little duckling. 
  • Germs are Not for Sharing by Elizabeth Verdick -- Cough into your sleeve! Prop: box of tissues.
    • Leads into This is the Way I Wash My Face, shampoo my hair, (hold your nose so you sound funny) your nose, stomach, etc., until you're nice & clean.
    • Skinnamarinka
  • Cuddle by Beth Shoshan.  I had almost all the animals in the book, so this made for a fun puppet show. This really is a fun book.
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food by Jane Yolen. Skipped a few bits. Used a dinosaur puppet, and the signs for eating and more. I had a cup the dinosaur threw on the floor.
Songs
5 little ducks run in the parking lot
1 fell down and he went PLOP
Mamma called the Big Duck and the Big Duck got hot!
Always hold hands in the parking lot!

3 nice mice, 3 nice mice
See how nice they are
See how nice they are
They’re always polite when they nibble their cheese
They never forget to say “thank you” and “please”
They cover their noses whenever they sneeze
AHHH CHOO  AHHH CHOO AHHH CHOOO!
3 nice mice, 3 nice mice

No comments:

Post a Comment