Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Baby and Toddler Funny Storytime, Wednesday, March 39 @ 10:30





I know, I know, EVERY storytime is pretty comical. But this one will be nothing but! We're going to get good and silly this Wednesday!

And no one's sillier than Sandra Boynton!

Plays:  I bring my clown wig, my bunny ears, my Groucho Marx glasses with moustache.  "Do you have hair on your head?" and then I put on my wig. "Wow, look at my hair, I'm so beautiful," etc.


Books
  • Silly Faces...See Me Go! Office Board Book. Very nicely interactional. I would show them each page, they'd shout out what kind of vehicle it was, and then I'd look around the room for a willing baby. Some were too shy to be boats or bikes, but others liked the applause the room gave them.
  • Betty Goes Bananas by Steve Antony. Didn't realize how perfect this book was for this age group.  They are all a bunch of banana eaters who can't peel their own fruit and have tantrums!  Very cleverly done -- when you turn to that red page and Betty starts wailing, they can see what's coming. Nothing better than a book that BABIES listen to.
  • Are You A Cow by Sandra Boynton started us off just right.  I added to the text as a I read because the babies were listening. "When you are through eating your cereal, do you bark to get down? Are you a DOG!" etc.  And they really liked that. Note to self: I didn't use that intro/explanation this year, and the book didn't go over nearly as well.
  • Tickle Time! by Sandra Boynton  
  • The Icky Sticky Frog by Dawn Bentley.  I mended this antique with a hair clip, rounded up my collection of plastic insects, and read it like this: Showed off the very silly googly eyed, sticky tongue frog, read a page, buzzed the bug, opened it up to the front cover again, and the sticky tongue gobbled.  Worked wonderfully well.
  • But Not the Hippopotamus. Boynton. OK
  • The Lady With the Alligator Purse. Westcott. As I told a mom afterward, babies have no sense of humor, but they love rhythm and rhyme, and these sounds help with their language development
  • Can You Make a Silly Face by Jan Thomas.  Great interactional book. Make sure you brush up on your chicken dance. Super fun.
Songs
  • Banana Time to go with Betty Goes Bananas
  • Pizza Pickle Pumpernickel
  • 5 little monkeys (what's sillier than a monkey?

No comments:

Post a Comment