Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Baby and Toddler Books and Library Storytime, Wednesday, March 1 @ 10:30



Books

  • This is Not a Book by Jean Jullien.  Hoooo, what a perfect book for this theme! I think I'll skip the butt crack page for this group though.
  • It's a Little Book by Lane Smith. This book is fun for acting out -- pretending to chew it, quacking with it, etc.  But the joke is based on sarcasm, and babies just don't get that.  Short & fun though. Might cut a few pages.  Bring a Big Book for contrast. I used Noisy Breakfast. Good and short.
  • Dinosaur vs. the Library by Bob Shea is about as perfect for a set of babies as any book could be. I didn't use puppets.  I turned my head in one direction and roared for Dinosaur, then turned my head in the other direction and mooed confusedly, or was shy turtle, or was sad owl. But I might leave out that sad owl.  It makes me too sad.
  • Clap Your Hands starring ELMO!  I just grabbed the goofiest book from my office shelf that doesn't get used very often. This one has a big red Elmo puppet head sticking out of it, with the song inside. Very fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment