Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas Storytime, Wednesday, December 21 @10:30

    
Last Storytime before the holidays!


Books:  
  • Santa Duck by David Milgrim. For the first time, I did this using puppets. I had a lot of fun with this, subbing in a couple of my favorite puppets if I didn't have the ones in the book, and the babies really enjoyed seeing the turtle, the cat, the cow, etc.  A nice performance piece.
  • Dinosaur vs. Santa.  Bob Shea.  I know these are so short they should be great for babies, but the concepts -- making gifts, etc. -- are still beyond them, and they don't really get anything except how noisy they are.
  • Spot's First Christmas board book by Eric Hill.  Cute, but maye next year I'll go back to Baby's Christmas Present instead.
  • Jingle Bells by Trapani.  And use all your bells.
  • Where is Baby's Dreidel by Karen Katz.  Sub in for Spot's First Christmas.
  • Where's Baby's Christmas Present by Karen Katz. I cheated by using the theme of this book rather than the words. I searched for Baby's Christmas Present in the supply closet, in the gift bag, behind the clothespin stocking, but I ran out of places to look pretty quickly. It was a lot of fun to do, and I soon found the gift inside my basket.
  • Dream Snow by Eric Carle. I tried doing this using puppets for all the animals in the book and laying them out together, then covering them with snow.  Have to remember to put the animals in a covered box and then lay the snow (I used gauze and that worked great) over the box and then over my head, as the farmer.  Maybe next time I should also wear a straw hat as the farmer.  
  • Since the wrapped gift was the same prop I use to do White Rabbit's Shape Book, I went ahead and ... did White Rabbit's Shape Book, minus White Rabbit. I opened the little canister inside the box, and happily took out the four balloons, then blew them up and let them whiz around the room. I love performing this magic trick before the babies. They are SO impressed.






No comments:

Post a Comment