Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Babies Feelings Storyhour, Wednesday, February 8 @ 10:30

 




And how kind all you mamas and daddies are for sharing your A-one babies with me very week.  That roomful of cuteness is overpowering!

Books:  

  • I Like It When by Mary Murphy. Perfect for babies. I used the new board book..
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You by Jane Yolen. Even if I was reading this mostly to the moms, the babies seemed to enjoy the giant dinosaur puppet I had, and the rhyming text was charming. This is one of Yolen's better books in the dinosaur series. (I didn't use the dino puppet this year, and had to cut the reading short for lack of interest. I don't know if I'll use this book next year.)
  • A Good Day by Kevin Henkes.  (Don't forget your yellow feather!) Very nice.
  • How Kind! by Mary Murphy.  I love this pay-it-forward in the barnyard telling.  It's a real celebration of happiness and good nature -- and a great readaloud too, because you can do animal voices. I used props for all the actions. When you read "flower", it's nice to whip out a flower, esp. for a large audience.
  • The Big book of Happy BB Marshall
  • Blocks by Irene Dickson. VERY simple. Sharing.
  • How Do YOu Hug a Porcupine by Laurie Isop.  All those animals.

  • Baby Happy, Baby Sad by Leslie Patricelli. Strangely, a little tough for babies to follow.
  • New:  The Pigeons Has Feelings Too  by Mo Willems. Actually, not the greatest book ever written.
  • Little Monkey Calms Down Board Book Dahl




















Babies have Feelings too!


These are all very nice books for babies, with lots of the simple, bright illustrations that work so well for them and interaction between animals they find so fascinating. I just did this for storytime today. The kids were closer to two than new, but they really loved it, esp. the yellow flower when it came out of A Good Day and the props in I Like It When...

Songs:.




Pizza Pickle Pumpernickel
          by © Dennis Lee from Jelly Belly
Pizza pickle pumpernickel
Somebody here is going to have a tickle!
One for the nose and
One for the toes and
One for the tummy where the mashed banana goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment