Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Alligator Storytime for Babies, Wednesday, September 14 @ 10:30

  

Books 
  • The Wide-Mouthed Frog Pop-up by Faulkner.  Perfect.
  • Do Crocs Kiss. Great for the babies.
  • Snip Snap! What's That? by Berman. I love this book, but the babies have no fear, so it just doesn't work for this age group.



Plays
Five Little Monkeys swinging from the tree
Teasing Mr. Crocodile, "You can't catch me!"
Along comes the crocodile, quiet as can be
   and SNAPS that monkey right off of that tree!
(And no, they just don't learn.)


(I thought this would be a bit much for them, but with so many toddlers, they were fascinated by the monkeys hanging from the clothesline and stood transfixed down to the last gobbled simian.)

Songs

Clapping: 
Alligator, alligator, alligator pie,
If I don't get some I think I'm going to cry
You can take away the sun, you can take away the sky
But please don't take away my alligator pie.

Row, row, row your boat

Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is just a dream

Row, row, row your boat

Gently down the strem
If you see a crocodile
Don't forget to SCREAM!






No comments:

Post a Comment