Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fun Books Story Time



Books:

  • Monday the Bullfrog by Matthew Van Fleet. Boy, did I luck out with this donation. It's a perfect book for baby storytime -- an appealingly large bullfrog that eats brightly colored creatures. Food -- colors -- days of the week -- you see the endless possiblities. And for each new color, I pulled out a different colored strand of beads and put them on. ("What color is this?") 
  • Do Crocs Kiss? An excellent book with a built in Q & A. Do crocs cry? NOOOO! Do crocs clap? NOOO! All I know is crocs go SNAP! The actions are simple enough so that even babies get them. (Note: A great sadness. Someone lifted the flap right up and off this book, and it was returned very inartistically taped together. When books are torn, please don't try to repair them yourself! I glue the edges so the glue doesn't show. I've been reinforcing the pages (and spine) with clear shelf paper , but this one got away from me.
  • Dog also by Matthew Van Fleet.  Everyone must know this book. Soooo popular. And I've xeroxed the Wet Dog's head and keep back up copies in my desk. Since then, I've gotten a lot more mileage out of this pricey but adorable board book that shows dogs wagging their tails, having baths, and --- the best yet -- lifting their legs.
  • Wiggle by Harriet Ziefert. Another fun movement book.  
Songs:
My babies are so big now that we sang some big kid songs like 
  • 5 Little Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed 
  • Wiggle


No comments:

Post a Comment