- Where is Baby's Pumpkin by Karen Katz. I acted out this cute lift the flap by hiding the objects mentioned around the room. I didn't have a black cat so I hid my giant black spider under a pile of leaves. I didn't have a cute ghost (or curtains) so I hid a handsome Folkmanis owl behind the TV. I hid a bat mobile in the closet, etc. Great vocab exercise, and everyone really paid attention!
- Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino. This segued into Five Little Pumpkins, which I also acted out. I lined up my five pumpkins, ranging in size, on my puppet theater which I spruced up with a ghostly looking cheesecloth.
- Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin by Mary Serfozo. This was a nice, short book, and at the end, as Peter carved up his pumpkin, I plugged in my jack o'lantern and switched it on. It lit up and the babies were so startled Alexandra had to come forth and stick her finger in its mouth.
- Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood but they were waaay over it. Next year, try doing the Happy Face Sad Face Pumpkin poem.
- Wheels on the Halloween Bus
- All our favorites
And NEXT WEEK, October 31st:
Our big costume party!!!