Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Storyhour, Wednesday, Oct. 24 @ 10:30

                       

Books: 
  • Where is Baby's Pumpkin by Karen Katz. I acted out this cute lift the flap by hiding the objects mentioned around the room.  I didn't have a black cat so I hid my giant black spider under a pile of leaves. I didn't have a cute ghost (or curtains) so I hid a handsome Folkmanis owl behind the TV. I hid a bat mobile in the closet, etc.  Great vocab exercise, and everyone really paid attention!
  • Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino. This segued into Five Little Pumpkins, which I also acted out. I lined up my five pumpkins, ranging in size, on my puppet theater which I spruced up with a ghostly looking cheesecloth. 
  • Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin by Mary Serfozo.  This was a nice, short book, and at the end, as Peter carved up his pumpkin, I plugged in my jack o'lantern and switched it on. It lit up and the babies were so startled Alexandra had to come forth and stick her finger in its mouth.
  • Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood but they were waaay over it. Next year, try doing the Happy Face Sad Face Pumpkin poem.


Songs:
  • Wheels on the Halloween Bus
  • All our favorites 


And NEXT WEEK, October 31st:  
Our big costume party!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment