Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

House Storytime, Wednesday, November 20 @ 10:30

 Puppet: Our turtle puppet made his bow, since he lives in a house -- his shell. As usual, I circled the audience and said the Vachel Lindsay poem:
There was a little turtle, he lived in a box.
He swam in the paddles, he climbed on the rocks.
He snapped at the mosquitoes, he snapped at the fleas,
He snapped at the minnows, he snapped at me!
He caught the mosquitoes, he caught those fleas,
He caught those minnows, but he didn't catch me!
The kids love being snapped at and gobbled  while I circle the room.
Books:
Guess What I Am by Anni Axworthy.  I had the matching puppets in a big bag, and the kids (a bit older today) liked watching me take them out.  I swapped out the animals in the book for puppets I actually had.  


The Napping House by Audrey Wood. I do this with a xylophone, hitting a note for each new character element.

Bling Blang by Woody Guthrie. This book has nice hammering and sawing actions to go along with the bright rhymes.

Songs:
We sang all our favorites. If I sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star with the bell the kids get so quiet I can read a book afterwards.
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Over in the Meadow on metalboard.
Three Green and Speckled Frogs (I cut everything down to three for the babies.)







No comments:

Post a Comment