Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sheep Storyhour

The babies were far from sheep-ish at our sheep storyhour today! My storytelling chair was full of them! I felt like the Three Bears confronted with that Goldilocks person.

Books: 

  • Where is the Green Sheep by Mem Fox was a major hit.  I looked up at one point and the babies were all listening! I don't expect this to happen again any time soon, but a roomful of attentive toddlers is kind of amazing. This book is short, rhymes, works on colors, but most important, I think, is that its them is where is it. We love object permanence, don't we? So reassuring when we find that sheep asleep.
  • Time to Sleep, Sheep the Sheep by Mo Willems. Shows the animals doing activities kids understand, bath etc.
  • Baa-Choo! by Sarah Weeks (easy reader) about a sheep who can't finish his sneeze. This cute book was a bit long for the babies.

Songs: 

  • I was so amazed to discover that all the mamas knew Mary Had a Little Lamb AND Baa Baa Black Sheep!
  •  From Kathy Reid-Naiman's Zoom Zoom Cuddle and Croon:

Dance around, my sugar lamb
Dance around, my sugar lamb
Dance around, my sugar lamb
All day long.
Twirl around, my sugar lamb, etc.
Shake your feet, my sugar lamb, etc.
Wave your hands, my sugar lamb, etc.  


No comments:

Post a Comment