Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Party Storyhour


So nice to see Fisher and Sophia back again, safe and sound!

Props:  The largest, loudest, most purple party horn at the dollar store, plus some blow horns.
Book:  Don't You Dare, Dragon by Annie Kubler. I think the babies are growing up -- they seemed deeply concerned for how this dragon kept getting himself in trouble, and I know that none of them have ever actually met a dragon.
Book: Mouse Party by Alan Durant. A good read, because of course, the mouse speaks in a tiny voice, and each animal he invites enters making it's own sounds -- whooing, and baaing, etc, and then the elephant speaks in his own deep loud voice. Then I grabbed, my blowhorn and blew it elephant style.
Song: Old Gray Cat, but I'm not so crazy about this one for the babies.
Book: Birthday Monsters by Sandra Boynton. Parents joined in singing on the sidelines while I danced read this out loud. Boynton's books are so bouncy -- and I had my monsters as props too.
Book: Monster Math by Anne Miranda. Just up till Number Ten.
I found these on Fat Brain Toys, a toy website which I love. You can do toy searches on it by age, gender and interest -- it's where I got the balls for storyhour. The stomping rockets for older kids are terrific.


So nice to see dads at storyhour.


Beads always lend a girl a certain cachet.
Next year:  Hello! Is This Grandma? by Ian Whybrow

No comments:

Post a Comment