Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30.

Storytime for New to Two every Wednesday at 10:30. Stories, songs, puppets and a lot of playtime fun.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bird Storyhour

Stories:
  • Early Bird by Toni Yuly.  A board book whose bright pictures and simple lines just sweep me away.  I'd love to blow this up into a flannelboard. 
  • I Like It When...  by Mary Murphy. Perfect for babies.
  • Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
  • BooBoo by Olivier Dunrea. A baby bird who eats too much! I burped for the audience.

Plays:
Using a penguin puppet, I did: 
There was a little penguin /Who squawked in a flock.

He swam in the ocean. He climbed on some rocks.

He snapped at a squid. He snapped at an eel.

He snapped at some shrimp. He snapped at me!

He caught that squid. He caught that eel.

He caught that shrimp. But he didn’t catch me!  (by T. Sherman)

Songs:
We stuck to the favorites.  I always love Mama's Little Baby and the Happy Song. Today doing a story hour for all of you remarkable toddlers reminded me of  the movie theater sequence in Gremlins.



3 comments:

  1. You did a great job today....our "babies" really were bouncin around today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the truth be told...I love gremlins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not kidding! That was one crazy morning! But lots of fun, as always :)

    ReplyDelete